Sunday tittle-tattle.

Yet another lazy sunday. I've been a lot better since I last posted. A terrible allergy got me real bad and I wore a swollen face for almost a week. Scary! Antihistamines and antibiotics worked it's charm and I'm back to my de-puffed state.
A poorly written post was composed when I was high on drugs a.k.a antihistamines. I was bored, tired, whoozy and completely out of my mind. A very strict note to self: Never publish a post which was compiled when one is high on any kind of medical drug. Period. The grammatical and spelling errors are inexcusable. The post has been edited since, to a much readable stage. It did go down quite well. Everyone seemed to love the photographs, which makes me incredibly happy and grin like a cheshire cat. The lovely comments from my friends on instagram gives me all the warm fuzzies.

Looks like everyone is celebrating mothers day today. Do we really need a set date or day to celebrate the awesomeness that is, motherhood? I think not! Special ones 'mothers' are. It's amazing how selfless they seem, just how their world revolves around their kids' happiness, sorrow, grief and every single emotion. 
Here's to all the lovely mothers out there; you pure bunch. God has made you the way you are, for a very special reason. But this one is for mine; my constant support system and my best friend. How you put up with me and ettan all these years is beyond me. On this day, I vow to continue to torture you with my innate tantrums and high-maintenance demands as I have done all these years *Grins widely*. I'm forever grateful for knowing the greatest example of selfless love from you. Happy mother's day Amma. (P.S : We need to take more pictures together.)

For anyone reading this
If you are a new mommy: Kudos! You have been bestowed with the most amazing blessing. You'll get through the stage of dark circles and sleep deprivation soon enough. Keep at it and if you are feeling worn out, remember, this too shall pass. Well done to you!
If you are yet to be a mother and are taking things slow: Well, good on you too! Don't give in to societal pressures. There is nothing worse than bringing a tiny human into the world and cribbing about it later. You and only you will know when the time is right. Keep calm and enjoy the time of being one step closer to motherhood everyday.
If you have been a mommy for how-many-ever-years: You are your kids's safe place. No matter how old they get, they'll always need you. Even if you don't get to hear it often, you are immensely loved.

(P.P.S : I feel bad for all the dads out there who might be feeling a little left out today. It's alright. We love you just as much. :D)

Have a lovely sunday y'all! Go give your mom a hug <3

2 comments

  1. rajshree nambiar713/5/15 2:30 pm

    That was so sweet ❤❤❤oh yes; we deftly need to take more pics togthr😊😊let's make it on our next vacation😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep ! Done deal! 😄

    ReplyDelete

It makes me incredibly happy to see that someone has taken their precious time out to leave a comment after reading this space. Thank you !! xx

© October born.