Finding joy in the ordinary

If you woke up one morning and you were free to do anything you wanted to do with your life, what would you do and what would you be? I know what I would do :)

I don't know if it's just me, but do you ever wonder what your life would be like if you had done things differently? Where would you be now if you had chosen an alternate path when making a key decision? Life is just a crazy whirlwind of choices and decisions. You either rejoice over it or it destroys you.

Life has been on a downhill mode lately. I don't know whether to blame it on the awfully depressing weather or the mundane drama of everyday life. I have been keeping poorly and there are days when I just want to run back home. 
Let's just say that I have been just about keeping it together for the last couple of weeks! It's so easy to get bogged down by the drama and emotional exorcism and the little crappy things that happens almost on a daily basis. It happens so often that one loses sight of their SELF and their personality. There are so many things out there which can take ones mind off things. 

Being a homemaker, I'm at home most of the time. Staying indoors and breaking the monotony of the same old routine becomes extremely frustrating at times. Irritation over petty things and just wanting to take a break from the monotony gets overpowering.

So what does one do? Staying positive when things are really bad, is easier said than done. Distraction is the key!
Here is what works for me.

Shopping: Something which always works for a girl. When upset, a girl's mind is like Mumbai traffic during peak hours: Chaotic. There are people everywhere constantly honking, headlights, random faces bustling about in the road. Everything is so busy, but she is just stuck in the same spot for hours in her car. Stagnant. Well, you get the picture.
Shopping is a saviour. When things keep running in her head, a quickie shopping always helps to keep myriad questions at bay , and the ifs and buts, of course. 

Being creative: Oh, have I mentioned that I love to sketch and do all kinds of artsy stuff? (More on that another time). This has proved to be a saviour on many occasions. Although, for the past couple of months, I have not been able to pull up my sleeves and do anything. 

Sketched this one back in 2013
Cute/funny videos/gifs: Instant mood lifter! TumblrYoutube. Nothing more distracting that funny videos on tumblr or youtube. If one is really down under the weather, its best to head out for some funny gifs or videos and just calm the mind and do some LOLs ;) 



Going through old photos and videos: Nothing like revisiting good old memories, isn't? The ones which never ceases to bring a smile to my face is going through pictures and videos of my niece. Ah, she is a bundle of uber cuteness!! Here is a picture of her being an absolute diva, with a pout and all!

Oh yeah! Work that pout babe ;)
Snuggle with Gizmo: Snuggle up with a plush toy. No, age doesn't matter!

Gizmo chillin' on my lap
Fairy lights: Another one which is an instant comforter. I'm obsessed. It makes everything look so cozy and 'fairy-tale' like and comforting. I would happily live in a house made of fairy lightswithout any complaints. Do whatever works for you. Its all about being comfy.  Here is a little fairy light tent we made, on one of those crazy nights ;) 


Get set... Click!!: Have you ever noticed people's faces when they pose for pictures? I'm not talking about the ones who never smiles for photos. The ones like me, throwing up their arms in the air or pulling a funny face or happily striking a pose. I am a poser and proud of it. Get a camera in front of me and I can pose right away! Instant mood lifter! 



Watch your favourite show on TV or even better, watch bloopers of your favourite sitcom on youtube. Nothing beats that one I tell you! Inject a lil Dr. Sheldon Cooper in your life and everything seems good ;) 



Listening to music that will lift your mood. A good beat and sound has been proved to help people in a positive way. Chuck all this soppy ones and listen to something upbeat and uplifting :)

And lastly, consciously think positive thoughts, especially during moments when everything seems low and stagnant, although it might seem a bit of a challenge and it might not even make a huge difference at that moment, but giving out positive vibes to the universe is something that has been proven to turn things around.                                                                

So yea, that's about most of the things which puts me in a better mood. Blogging is the latest addition. I know I'm not good at using all fancy words and I don't necessarily fit the bill as a writer, but I do enjoy the process of creating a blog post. Selecting the pictures, drafting the content and putting it all together. I feel it's very creative and gets the mind working. 
Hope anyone who reads this(if at all), finds their joy in the ordinary like I do. Happiness is everywhere, you just have to look around.
                                                                                  ♥

Post a Comment

It makes me incredibly happy to see that someone has taken their precious time out to leave a comment after reading this space. Thank you !! xx

© October born.