In the world of magic spells


Ever since the release of the series of books by J.K.Rowling and having read all of them, I have been OBSESSED with Harry Potter movies. I remember being in the 10th grade, when I first got my hands on 'Harry Potter And The Philosophers Stone'. It was a refreshing change from the genre of books I was used to reading. I was more into medical thrillers by Robin Cook and the sorts. 
I was so mesmerized by the whole idea of wizard world and the spells and enchantments. Phew! Kudos to the brilliant lady and her imagination. Soon enough, I found myself glued to the books and before I knew it, all seven books were done and dusted; Half blood Prince (Part-6) being my favourite. I remember secretly shedding a tear when Dumbledore died. I have watched the movies so many times that it comes with par the times I have watched F.R.I.E.N.D.S! For anyone who is reading this and wondering what 'FRIENDS' series is, have you been living under the rocks?

I even got my husband hooked to it. Having thought of it as a series for kids, he never bothered to watch it and having left with no other choice than to watch it almost every other weekend(I can be  passively persuasive at times :D). Voila! we have a 'harry-potter-addict' for keeps. No jokes, we have had potter movie marathons every other weekendYep, you read it right. Obsessed much? Ha ha. 

On my 25th birthday, along with many wonderful things, he gifted me a voucher for a visit to Warner bros studios to experience the making of the seriesI was beyond excited. We freed up a weekend and travelled down to London and it sure was a pretty amazing day. If I go about describing every single detail, it'll surely take up a LOT of space. I'll let the pictures do the talking ;)

The flying car featured in HP and the Chamber of Secrets
The infamous cupboard under the stairs
Details on the table of the Great hall
The Great Hall 
Of all the things, I admire the massive work which was put in, to make the series a masterpiece. Every single thing was exclusively made for the movie and with such perfection. Note the specially designed spoons and jugs for the table in the main hall. I mean, this wouldn't even have made an appearance in the movie, but still so much effort was put into it. There are so many such intricate details in the props used in the series. I wish i could post all the pictures. There were exclusive behind the scene documentaries and inside stories of the making of the series which absolutely baffled me. Every minute detail was seen through with such precision and care.

Few details in the Great hall
Griffindor common room 
Umbridge's cat room
Potion class details and liquid luck
The man himself! Dumbledore  
A young hagrid :D
Life size dummies.So life like!
Yummy in my tummy ;)
The snow covered castle
Obviously, the best was kept for the last. The best part of the tour was seeing the whole castle covered in snow. It was nothing less than a big WOW! It took several hundred days and many craftsmen to bring this thing up. Many of the shots of the castle you see in the series is actually this very castle.
We went home with a huge smile, few goodies and a tummy filled with butter beer. And needless to say, we did have a movie marathon the very next day ;)

Post a Comment

It makes me incredibly happy to see that someone has taken their precious time out to leave a comment after reading this space. Thank you !! xx

© October born.