Birthday shenanigans.


So, yesterday marked my 27th year on this earth. Twenty seven?!? Boy! do i feel like a granny!
With the monthly cycle not favouring my celebratory spirits, I spent the whole day on bed with the worst cramps ever. To add up to my already dampened spirits, it was pouring outside the whole day. To quote Chandler Bing "Could it BE more depressing?". He he.


Prakash gave me a surprise at midnight on the previous day. I was feeling under the weather and was snuggled up in bed after dinner. He shut himself in the living room and worked on the decorations and other stuff for almost two hours :O I was lying on bed thinking, what the fudge is he up to?!
By midnight, I got blessed and wished by my parents, after which, I was taken to the living room with my eyes shut by him. Having no clue of what I was about to see, I walked on and opened my eyes to absolute amazingness. The lights were off, candles were lit all around, helium balloons were floating about, cake and a huge bag of gifts were set in the middle of the room and on the wall was my name written with red fairy lights. Hundred husband brownie points for the effort and the thought!!

Bday wishes were pouring in, candles were blown, wishes were made, the cake was cut, and the best part; gifts were opened!!
We didnt take as many pictures because I was feeling truly wiped out.





And after the midnight mayhem, the three of us went to bed. And by the three I mean; Prakash, me and my heatpad!
The next day I got all dolled up and took the helium balloons out to let it fly into the skies. Im hoping it would have landed somewhere by now :) Now that I think of it, I should have left a message on the balloon strings, in case someone finds it.
This year,we decided not to go out anywhere and instead, donate the money to a dog rescue centre.

NB. To the older me who is reading back on this years later: You clearly don't feel 27 at the moment. You are wearing a onesie and sitting with Gizmo. You still giggle and make funny noises like a chipmunk. Tangled is your favourite movie still. If after all these years, things haven't changed; Its all good. Age is just a number afterall ! ;)



Post a Comment

It makes me incredibly happy to see that someone has taken their precious time out to leave a comment after reading this space. Thank you !! xx

© October born.