A five year journal


I had my eye on this since last year. But spending a tenner for a journal seemed like a far-fetched idea at the time. I toyed over it for a long time and it comfortably stayed in my amazon wish list ;whilst secretly wishing someone would read my mind and gift this to me. I'm weird like that.

This is unlike any other 'conventional' journals out there. Basically, Each page inside the journal has a date and a question, and you answer the questions five years in a row. As the years go by, you gradually fill up the pages. What I absolutely love about the idea is that you get to see what you had written on the exact same date, a year back, giving you a chance to reflect on how/what things have changed in the course of a year. I think its bloody brilliant! Although, I'm only in the first year, I'm totally in love with this already.







I have tried to keep a journal and failed at it miserably a couple of times. I love the idea of having a journal and looking back on things when I'm older (hence, this blog). I'm going to stick with this one because its takes hardly few minutes to fill up the given space.

What I also find interesting is condensing the whole day's thought in the given restricted amount of space. Few questions are rather intense and few very silly. I enjoy filling it up and the anticipation of what is going to come the next day excites me without a doubt! I love things like these.

This is a perfect journal for people who hate to write lengthy diary entries each day; or for those who get zoned out when they see a blank page in front of them; People with loads of racing thoughts and not knowing where to start or how to condense and export all the raging thoughts running in your head onto to the white sheet. Phew, pretty exhausting when you think of it like that, in'nit?

I love the whole look of it. It has a harry potter-esque feel to it. It's rather puny with golden embellishment on the sides; perfect size and regal. This can also be an excellent gift option if anyone is struggling for gift ideas. I cannot wait to fill this up and keep going for years to come!

2 comments

  1. Ture...it should be interesting to look back at your thoughts after 5 years ...time changes the everything..may be you might feel silly to do this after 5 years or may be not? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes definitely:) Thank you for dropping in a comment!

    ReplyDelete

It makes me incredibly happy to see that someone has taken their precious time out to leave a comment after reading this space. Thank you !! xx

© October born.