A photographer's delight : Crimson moon.


Edit : The fact that I'm a procrastinator is well embodied by this post. I had drafted this sometime in November, 2014; on the day I saw the moon, thats is. In the back of my mind, I even thought this was posted on time! Ah well. Made slight changes and posting it like a delayed diary entry. Here is to a very very late update. Cheers! 


November 20, 2014: Today was the day I really wished for a DSLR to be around. I'm not claiming to be an exceptional photographer, NOPE. I hardly know how to work the fancy settings on the DSLR. The fact that I manage to capture good pictures (if i say so myself) in the easy and auto-mode has kept me content all these years. But tonight, all I wished was for a good quality camera and/or a good photographer. The jaw-dropping sight I saw out my window at dusk was such! Clear dark sky with a perfect full moon! Sure, I have seen full moon before; but the colour of it was something I had never witnessed. I'll let the photograph do the talking here.

As I stood there in awe, trying to capture it the best I could with my old battered iPhone, all I could get were red dots on a pitch black background. Darn it! I gave in and whipped out my old dusty digital camera and these were the best shots I could get.

After few failed attempts from the balcony, I ran to the terrace in the hope of getting better shots and noticed the colour of the moon change from a crimson red to a slight tinge of yellow. I sat there in the breeze, watching the full bloomed ball change it's colour magically from a bright red to a burning yellow and finally fading off to a pale white, in the course of an hour or so. Beautimous! Something about pitch black sky with tiny specs of stars and a full moon warms my heart. The most cliched thing ever, I know! 

Moments like these are easily wiped out of our memories as time goes by and I knew, I HAD to document this on my little space on the internet. 

Post a Comment

It makes me incredibly happy to see that someone has taken their precious time out to leave a comment after reading this space. Thank you !! xx

© October born.