Ain't nothing better than a gooey cookie!


Disclaimer: This cookie isn't ideally healthy. We are talking 300g of sugar and 200g butter here! But, every now and then, everyone needs a little pick-me-up, in'nit? This is definitely a treat and not a bake-every-day variety. Prefect desert if you have guests coming over. I do not have a sweet tooth and prefer savoury and spicy things to munch on. But this, is an exception on its own. Its gooey on the inside, soft on the outside and a whole lot of chocolate wedged in between. Oh, holy heavens!
Im not an expert, so do not be under any impression that I tailored this recipe on my own. I'm only equipped with ok-ish baking skills. But I do have a 'guinea pig' at home who happily volunteers for all my baking experiments! Its a win-win. I got the recipe from the internet way back and jotted it down on my phone. If I ever lose or forget the recipe, I know where to come back.

You will need:

  • 275 g of Self raising flour 
  • 300 g of caster sugar
  • 200 g of butter
  • 75 g of cocoa powder
  • 1 large egg
  • A whisk
  • Mixing bowl
  • White/milk/dark chocolate OR all of them!

Preheat the oven on 220°C. Whizz the butter in the microwave for about half a minute to soften. Throw it in with sugar and whisk away. Crack in an egg and whisk/ fold with a spoon till it looks something like this.

Add in the dry ingredients: self-raising flour, cocoa powder and chocolate bars broken down into squares.

If things seem a little dry at this point, add a tablespoon of milk(optional) and combine. The mixture should not be runny. Make golf sized balls of the dough and rest them on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Place it far apart as it tends to flatten. Bake for ten mins.

It will look undone and sloppy when taken out from the oven. Leave it out for thirty solid minutes to cool and set. The cookie tends to harden as the days go. Tastes best on the day and next ! 
Fellow cookie monsters; Get your baking hats on and relish on the gooey goodness!

Post a Comment

It makes me incredibly happy to see that someone has taken their precious time out to leave a comment after reading this space. Thank you !! xx

© October born.